Monday, October 19, 2009

I recently started reading this book called "Toss the Guilt And Catch The Joy A Woman's Guide to a Better Life" by Merrilee Boyack. This book is so much more than I thought it would be. I have been thinking about how there is so much to do in this life. Our Father in Heaven has given us a smorgus board of options. Things to learn, experience, shair, teach, DO. I have some friend that next year are going to participate in this really neat running experience. I have been nervous to say yes because of being nervous. Nervous of training for it, nervous to have someone else rely on me, nervous because I have never done it before, bla bla bla. She gives a quote by John Greenleaf Whittier, "Of all the sad words of the tongue and pen The saddest are these: "It might have been!" She goes on to tell of this testimony of a woman. She told of her goal for the year. "I want to live this year with no regrets." "I want to say the things I should say to people, especially tell those I love that I do love them. I want to try the things I want to try and not look back at the end of the year and wonder why I didn't. I want to stop doing the things I don't want to do. I just want to look back on this year and say, I did it! No regrets." YES!!!!!!!!!!! I love that. I am constantly thinging of the things that I want to try. I pull out magazine pages of things I want to make. I spend more time thinking and no time doing. We have so many different seasons in our life and right now is a busy one but that is no excuse not to work on something. I have a piano waiting to be learned, a guitar sitting against my wall waiting to be practised on. It is time to start. Which one will I choose? We are so lucky to have so many options, I just hope I can remember that I want no regrets and to choose one thing and go with it. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Jessi, I love you! Your posts are very encouraging and motivating. I am very impressed that you ran in place for 35min!! Way to go!! Sure, it did bring a chuckle, but mostly admiration :-)
    You are a wonderful mother, wife, and friend. Looking forward to seeing you and the boys this Thursday.

    ReplyDelete